Get started on one of these 80s cartoon cross stitch patterns today.
“This message with self destruct." - Inspector Gadget
Did you grow up in the 80s? If so, you know there were some amazing cartoons. You may not agree with me, but I think kids shows from the 80s were some of the best. There were countless 1980s cartoons to choose from. There were so many, that it was hard to pick what to watch. This was a real problem for parents.
I have searched for hours looking for the best 80s cartoon characters cross stitch patterns. If you are a fan of the 80s as much as I am, I’m positive you will find a cross stitch pattern you will want to work on.
Below are 30 of my favorite 1980s cartoon cross stitch patterns. I hope you find one you want to work on.
1. SCROOGE MCDUCK CROSS STITCH PATTERN PDF, EMBROIDERY CHART CUTE NURSERY WALL DECOR, DISNEY DUCK COUNTED CROSS STITCH CHART, INSTANT DOWNLOAD
Duck Tales was one of my favorite 1980s cartoons. There was mystery and drama. And of course, the cute 80s cartoon characters.
This Scrooge McDuck cross stitch pattern is suitable for advanced beginners. It can be stitched on 11, 14, or 18 count Aida fabric. It is 120 stitches high x 80 stitches wide. It requires 25 colors of DMC floss.
2. TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES II ARCADE GAME - CROSS STITCH PATTERN PDF - LEONARDO, MICHELANGELO, RAPHAEL, DONATELLO
In the 80s, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were everywhere. If you are a fan of the crimefighters, then this would be a great pattern to work on. It features all four TMNTs (Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael, and Donatello).
Stitched on 14 count Aida, this 80s cartoon cross stitch pattern will measure 19.36 inches wide x 9.14 inches high.
3. SCOOBY DOO INSPIRED CROSS STITCH PATTERN - FRED DAPHNE - PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAGGY VELMA INSPIRED - MYSTERY MACHINE CROSSSTITCH
Scooby Doo made his debut in 1969. However, the scaredy dog has a long list of cartoons. Scooby and his mystery fighting companions are some of the most memorable 1980s cartoon characters.
This is a fairly simple 80s cartoons cross stitch pattern. It is intended to be stitched on 14 count Aida with 16 colors of DMC floss.
4. FREE CHEF SMURF CROSS STITCH PATTERN THE SMURFS
If you are searching for free cross stitch patterns, check out this Chef Smurf pattern. The design area is 77 stitches wide x 71 stitches high (5.36” x 4.93”).
5. SKELETOR CROSS STITCH PATTERN
You couldn’t have a list of 1980s cartoon characters without including Skeletor. If you have never watched He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, this guy was pure Evil.
This 80s cartoons cross stitch pattern only uses full cross stitches. It requires 25 colors of DMC floss.
6. SUPER MARIO -RETRO VIDEO GAME SUPER MARIO - CROSS STITCH PATTERN PDF INSTANT DOWNLOAD
Not only is Mario one of the most recognizable Nintendo video game characters, but he also had a cartoon in the 80s. If you loved the cartoon or are a hard-core gamer, this would be a great addition to your collection.
Stitched on 14 count Aida fabric, the design will measure 11.43 inches wide X 10.79 inches high. The design uses 17 DMC thread colors.
7. GARFIELD CROSS STITCH PATTERN PDF - DIGITAL DOWNLOAD – COFFEE CAT CARTOON COMIC FUNNY GIFT MODERN CUTE SMALL CS70
Garfield and Friends was one of the cutest 1980s cartoons that both girls and boys enjoyed watching. The cartoon featured the lazy, chubby cat and several of his friends that were often featured in the comic strips.
The Garfield cross stitch pattern was designed to be stitched on 14 count Aida. It measures 71 stitches wide x 72 stitches high (5.1” x 5.1”).
8. FREE PACMAN CROSS STITCH PATTERN
Here is another free cross stitch pattern. This one features a loveable character from one of the 1980s cartoons that were based on a video game. You couldn’t live in the 80s without knowing who Pac Man was.
This free Pac Man cross stitch pattern measures 72 stitches wide x 77 stitches high. It only uses 4 colors of DMC floss.
9. TRANSFORMERS CROSS STITCH PATTERN - INSTANT DOWNLOAD
Here is an easy cross stitch pattern based on one of the 80s cartoons that spawned several movies: Transformers.
This beginner friendly Transformers cartoon cross stitch pattern measures 111 stitches x 92 stitches. It only uses 2 colors of DMC floss.
10. GREEN GHOST - PDF CROSS STITCH PATTERN - CROSS STITCH SLIMER - SPOOKY COUNTED CROSS STITCH PATTERN - HALLOWEEN - GHOST EMBROIDERY
Slimer must be one of the most memorable Ghostbuster characters. This green blob is an adorable troublemaker.
The Real Ghostbusters cartoon cross stitch pattern is 68 stitches x 82 stitches. It uses 16 colors and 8 blends. You will need to know how to make full cross stitches, half cross stitches, ¾ cross stitches, and backstitches.
11. SPIDERMAN AVENGERS CROSS STITCH PATTERN PDF, EMBROIDERY COMICS CUTE NURSERY WALL DECOR, MARVEL COUNTED CROSS STITCH CHART, INSTANT DOWNLOAD
Spiderman and His Amazing Friends aired from 1981-1983. The Marvel Comics cartoon was one of the several superhero cartoons to air during the 80s.
The design area is 117 stitches wide x 104 stitches high. It uses 10 colors of DMC floss. Stitched on 14 count Aida it will measure 8.4 inches wide x 7.4 inches high.
12. THE LITTLE MERMAID #P043 EMBROIDERY CROSS STITCH PDF PATTERN DOWNLOAD | STITCHING | EMBROIDERY KITS | COUNTED CROSS STITCH | STITCH PATTERNS
The Little Mermaid debuted in 1989. It was a huge commercial success that made $84 million at the box office. That might night seem like a lot now, but back then, it was a lot.
This 80s cartoon cross stitch pattern was designed to be stitched on 16 count Aida fabric. It uses 15 colors of DMC floss. Finished, the Little Mermaid cross stitch will measure approximately 6.94 inches x 7.06 inches.
13. BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER PATTERN, RETRO CROSS STITCH, 80'S, CARTOON CHARACTER, X-STITCH, COUNTED CROSS STITCH, PDF PATTERN - INSTANT DOWNLOAD
This 80s cartoon made it impossible to get rid of old stuff. Because, you know, they are attached to you, and they have feelings.
The Brave Little Toaster cross stitch pattern will measure 8.6 inches x 6.8 inches when stitched on 14 count Aida. It only uses full cross stitches.
14. RESCUE RANGERS GADGET CHIP AND DALE CROSS STITCH PATTERN FOR BEGINNERS-EMBROIDERY-NEEDLEPOINT KITS -CARTOON-PDF INSTANT DOWNLOAD-EASY-PT-363
The Rescue Rangers would not have been successful without the help of Gadget Hackwrench. This cute little mouse was quirky, smart, and fearless. She could invent anything.
The cartoon cross stitch pattern uses 10 colors of DMC floss. It can be stitched on 14, 16, or 18 count Adia fabric.
15. DARKWING DUCK CROSS STITCH PATTERN - DUCKTALES- HALLOWEEN CROSS STITCH PATTERN - 90'S CARTOON CROSS STITCH - WITCHY CROSS STITCH
Darkwing Duck was one of my favorite 80s cartoons. Darkwing Duck, aka Drake Mallard, was a superhero that took on various villains. He had lots of help from Launchpad McQuack and Gizmoduck.
The Disney cartoon cross stitch pattern is 75 stitches wide x 86 stitches high. It can be stitched on 11,14,16, or 18 count Aida.
16. RAINBOW BRITE INSPIRED CROSS STITCH PATTERN - TWINK - STARLITE - PDF INSTANT DOWNLOAD - 80S CROSSSTITCH
This Rainbow Brite project would be a fun little pattern to stitch up, and it can be completed in a single weekend.
The beginner friendly Rainbow Brite cross stitch pattern is stitched on 14 count Aida fabric. It is 47 stitches (3.5”) x 40 stitches (3.0”).
17. VOLTRON CROSS STITCH PATTERN
Here is an impressive Voltron 80s cartoon cross stitch pattern. This one features the classic Lion Force super robot. It is 160 stitches wide x 124 stitches high. If stitched on 14 count, the finished design will measure 11.4 inches x 8.9 inches. The Voltron cartoon cross stitch pattern requires 28 different DMC floss colors.
18. RAINBOW DASH (MY LITTLE PONY) CROSS STITCH PATTERN
Were you a fan of My Little Pony? Now you can stitch up this cutie. The Rainbow Dash cross stitch pattern can be stitched on 14,16,18, or 20 count Aida. If stitched on 14 count, the design area will measure 4.6 inches x 4.2 inches.
19. FREE BEETLEJUICE CROSS STITCH PATTERN
Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice! Create your own Beetlegeuse to help you scare the living out of your home.
This free 80s cartoon cross stitch pattern is 64 stitches wide x 96 stitches high. It uses 12 colors of floss.
20. GRUMPY BEAR, CARE BEAR CROSS STITCH PATTERN, INSTANT DOWNLOAD PDF
The Care Bears began as paintings for American Greetings cards. They quickly became a huge phenomenon that children and adults went bonkers for. The stuffed toys were extremely hard to get and were right up there with the Cabbage Patch.
This 80s cartoon cross stitch pattern only uses 5 colors of DMC floss. It can be stitched on 14, 16, or 18 count Aida cloth.
21. BEETLE JUICE COUNTED CROSS STITCH PATTERN
The Beetlejuice cartoon was for the strange and unusual. And it was super cute! If you are a fan of all things Tim Burtin, you will appreciate this col