Have fun and get creative with these 90s cartoons amigurumi patterns.
“Kids, just because I don't care doesn't mean I'm not listening." - Homer Simpson
I love science fiction, fantasy, and horror. But no matter how old I get; I find myself watching the old cartoons. There are some great new cartoon movies and series. But nothing can compare to vintage cartoon shows like Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, The Flintstones, and so on. In this post, I want to reminisce about all the 90s cartoons. The 90s had some great cartoons. So why not work up some of these loveable amigurumi patterns?
What is Amigurumi?
So, what is amigurumi? Amigurumi is a fancy word for crocheted stuffed dolls. The name comes from a combination of two Japanese words: “ami” and “nuigurumi”. These dolls can be made in any size. And if you do not know how to crochet, some patterns use knitting techniques instead.
Below are 24 90s cartoons amigurumi patterns. There are free patterns as well as paid patterns.
1. PDF OF CROCHET DOGO'CAT DETAILED ILLUSTRATED PATTERN TUTORIAL SOFT TOY HANDMADE 90TH KIDS CATDOG CAT AND DOG NICKELODEON SHOW CARTOON
CatDog, the Odd Couple of the cartoon world. How could conjoined twin brothers be so different? Whoever thought up this Nickelodeon cartoon had to be messed up in the head. And thank goodness they were, because this 90s cartoon was hysterical.
2. PINKY AND THE BRAIN AMIGURUMI PATTERN - DARTH MAKERS
What are we going to do tonight, Brain? The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!
If you are not interested in helping this cute duo conquer the world, you can crochet instead. This Pinky and the Brain 90s Cartoon amigurumi pattern is available in English and Portuguese.
3. SAILOR MOON CROCHET DOLL AMIGURUMI FREE PDF PATTERN
Here is an amazing pattern for Sailor Moon and it is free!!! When finished, the doll will measure approximately 5.1” tall.
4. REN AND STIMPY 2 CROCHET PATTERNS BY ERIN SCULL
Oh my goodness! I loved these guys so much. Ren and Stimpy was one of the best and most outrageous 90s cartoons.
Completed, Ren will measure about 15" tall (including ears) and Stimpy will measure close to 10" tall.
5. SOUTH PARK BOYS CROCHET PATTERN BUNDLE, ERIC KYLE STAN KENNY ANIMATION TV SERIES AMIGURUMI, TUTORIAL PDF FILE BY CHONKARUMI
Here was another one of the 90s cartoons that completely took everyone off guard. Say hello to the kids of South Park. This PDF download includes 4 crochet amigurumi patterns. You get Cartman, Kenny, Stan, and Kyle.
These are beginner level crochet patterns. Each South Park doll will end up measuring approximately 4.72 inches tall.
6. BOBBY AND BOBBY'S TRICYCLE - BOBBY'S WORLD CROCHET PATTERN BY PIPITASART
Included are both instructions for Bobby and his tricycle. These 90 cartoons amigurumi patterns are in both English and Spanish.
7. PDF PATTERNS POWERPUFF GIRLS, CROCHET PATTERN, POWERPUFF GIRLS CROCHET, CHICAS SUPERPODEROSAS, LAS SÚPER NENAS
Little girls were able to look up to these kindergarten aged superheroes and learn about everyday issues. The Powerpuff Girls was one of those 90s cartoons that still has a huge cult following. You can still find Powerpuff Girls merchandise everywhere.
Make Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup to add to your collection. These amigurumi patterns include step-by-step instructions, photos, and a list of supplies. Completed, the dolls will measure approximately 6” tall.
8. CUTE BABY FREE CROCHET PATTERN
Are you looking for free amigurumi patterns based on 90s cartoons? This is an amazing pattern for Tommy Pickles from Rugrats. I love his big poofy diaper. So cute!!!
9. AMIGURUMI CROCHET PATTERN PACK WOLVERINE AND MAGNETO X-MEN PDF ENGLISH
Included in this PDF download are instructions for both Wolverine and Magneto. These are intermediate level crochet amigurumi patterns with step-by-step photos. When finished, the dolls will measure about 7.9” tall.
10. SUPERHERO AMIGURUMI CROCHET DOLL PATTERN, PDF AMIGURUMI SUPERHERO, SUPER HERO CROCHET DOLLS, COMICS TOY AMIGURUMI, UKRAINE CROCHET PATTERN
Using the suggested yarn and crochet hook, the finished Batman will measure about 8.27 inches tall.
11. DEXTER & DEE DEE ,DEXTERS LABORATORY, DEXTER'S LAB CROCHET PATTERN ENGLISH, CHILDREN'S TOY
Crochet your very own boy genius and his ditzy sister with these Dexter’s Laboratory crochet amigurumi patterns.
These are intermediate-advanced level crochet amigurumi patterns. Completed Dee will measure about 5.5” tall and Dexter will be about 3.94”. The pattern is only available in Spanish.
12. 3 PDF PATTERNS OF CROCHET MONSTERS DETAILED ILLUSTRATED PATTERN TUTORIAL SOFT TOY HANDMADE 90TH HALLOWEEN
Would you be scared of these Real Monsters? Or would you want to grab them and hug them? How cute are they! Included in the PDF download are 3 of the Nickelodeon Aaahh!!! Real Monsters 90s cartoon characters. Included are Ickis, Krumm, and Oblina.
13. THE SIMPSONS , AMIGURUMI TOY, CROCHER TUTORIAL, DOLL PATTERN
We all know this family. They have been around so long; it was hard to believe there was a time when we couldn’t sit back and enjoy countless episodes of The Simpsons.
Included are instructions for Bart, Lisa, Marge, and Homer. To make these 90s cartoon characters, you will need basic-intermediate crochet and amigurumi skills.
14. WAKKO – FREE CROCHET PATTERN
Who didn’t watch the Animaniacs? The animated variety show was one of the most entertaining 90s cartoons. It featured Yakko, Wakko, Dot, Pinky, The Brain, The Goodfeathers, and many more.
Here is a free amigurumi pattern for Wakko. The artist also has free amigurumi patterns for Yakko and Dot.
15. PDF PATTERN OF DAG AND NORB CROCHET BEAVER DETAILED ILLUSTRATED PATTERN TUTORIAL SOFT TOY HANDMADE 90TH NICKELODEON SHOW CARTOON
Were you a fan of The Angry Beavers? Now you can make your own Daggett and Norbert with these amazing 90s cartoons amigurumi patterns. Finished, Dag will measure about 11.8 inches and Norb will be close to 13 inches.
16. COURAGE AMIGURUMI - SPANISH PATTERN
Would you trust Courage the Cowardly Dog to protect you and your family? He may not be extremely brave. And he frightens way too easily. But he is so stinking cute.
This pattern is only available in Spanish.
17. RUGRATS, AMIGURUMI PATTERNS, CUTIE BABY SHOWER, AMIGURUMI CHILD
How cute were the Rugrats? With this 90s cartoon amigurumi crochet pattern set you can make 5 of the Nickelodeon character. Included are Tommy Pickles, Angelica Pickles, Chuckie Finster, and Phil and Lil DeVille.
These are intermediate level crochet amigurumi patterns. To work these Rugrats patterns, you will need to know how to work in a spiral, in rows, slip stitch, single crochet, increase, decrease, and double crochet.
18. ROCKO A CROCHET PATTERN BY ERIN SCULL
Check out this cute Rocko from the 90s cartoon Rocko’s Modern Life. The crochet amigurumi pattern includes written instructions and photos. Completed, Rocko will measure about 12” tall (not including his ears).
19. DOUG FUNNIE - QUAILMAN - CROCHET PATTERN BY PIPITASART
Did you stick out in a crowd just like Doug Funnie? This guy could not have a normal day to save his life.
This PDF download includes instructions for making Doug and several accessories.
20. PETE THE CAT A CROCHET PATTERN BY ERIN SCULL
Disney had some great 90s cartoons. And one of these was Goof Troop. And who could forget Goofy’s next door neighbor, Pete?
The amigurumi pattern is 14 pages long. The final Pete will measure close to 12 inches tall.
21. CROCHET CYCLOPS X-MEN PDF AMIGURUMI FREE PATTERN
Here is another pattern based on the 90s cartoon X-Men. This free amigurumi pattern is for Cyclops. It is an intermediate level pattern. Finished, Cyclops will measure about 5.9” tall.
22. HEY ARNOLD, CROCHET CHARACTER, CROCHET DOLL PATTERN, HELGA PATAKI
Make two of your favorite characters from Hey Arnold with these 90s cartoons crochet amigurumi patterns.
These patterns are intermediate level. Included are both Arnold and Helga Pataki. To work these amigurumi patterns, you need to know how to work in a spiral, in rows, slip stitch, single crochet, increase, decrease, and double crochet.
23. CROCHET PATTERN FR-US - AMIGURUMI SONIC THE HEDGEHOG
Sonic the Hedgehog used to be everywhere. He even had his own 90s cartoons. If you were a fan of the cartoons or the Nintendo videogames, you will have a lot of fun making this Sonic the Hedgehog doll.
The crochet amigurumi pattern is 22 pages long and includes many illustrations. When finished, Sonic the Hedgehog will measure close to 11.81 inches tall.
24. AMIGURUMI ARTHUR CROCHET PATTERN
Kids loved Arthur Read. This cute Aardvark was so popular, the 90s cartoon lasted for 25 seasons!