Do you have a favorite pop culture movie? Check out this list of cross stitch patterns.
“We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all.” - The Breakfast Club
Are you ready to work on some fun cross stitch patterns? Check out these designs based on some of the best pop culture movies. You can make these patterns to decorate your home theater room or give them as pop culture gifts.
Below are 20 of my favorite pop culture movies inspired cross stitch patterns.
1. BEETLEJUICE CROSS STITCH PATTERN, HALLOWEEN CROSS STITCH, MODERN CROSS STITCH PDF PATTERN, SPOOKY CROSS STITCH PATTERN, MOVIE PATTERN
I guess Beetlejuice is considered a horror movie. I never thought it was, but many people do. It doesn’t matter how you categorize the 80s pop culture movie; this is a hysterical cross stitch pattern. Everybody needs a Handbook for the Recently Deceased in their library. Right? The finished horror cross stitch pattern measures 5.9 inches x 8.26 inches tall.
2. THE STUFF HORROR MOVIE CROSS STITCH PATTERN / DIGITAL PDF
I can’t get enough of The Stuff! This has to be one of my favorite B pop culture movies of all time. If you haven’t seen it, it is a must see. I’ll just warn you now, you will never look at yogurt or creamy desserts the same way ever again. But do not worry, as the designer states, this pattern is totally safe.
3. AUDREY CROSS STITCH PATTERN, MONSTER CROSS STITCH, MOVIE CROSS STITCH PATTERN, PLANT CROSS STITCH PATTERN - PDF FILE
Audrey II from the Little Shop of Horrors pop culture movie would make a great gift for any horror film fan. The pattern is 10.4” x 9.2” when stitched on 14 count Aida fabric. Only full cross stitches are used. You will need 15 colors of DMC floss.
4. KLOWNS FROM SPACE 11 X 14 FILM MOVIE COUNTED CROSS STITCH PATTERN DOWNLOAD INTERMEDIATE
If you were not scared of clowns before seeing this movie, you will be after. Ok, maybe not. This is another one of my favorite 80s pop culture movies. The Killer Klowns from Outer Space horror cross stitch pattern is for intermediate to advanced level cross stitchers. When complete, it will fit in an 11” x 14” frame.
5. GODZILLA, MECHAGODZILLA, AND GHIDORAH MONSTER CROSS STITCH PATTERNS: INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD, PDF PATTERN
Create these fun Godzilla pop culture movies decorations for your home theater. The patterns can be stitched on 10, 14, or 18 count Aida fabric.
6. MOVIE STAR CROSS STITCH ART PATTERN INSPIRED BY R2D2 WATERCOLOR CROSS STITCH MODERN HOME DECOR FUNNY EMBROIDERY PDF PATTERN
The pattern requires 13 colors of DMC floss. The design area is 81 stitches wide x 134 stitches high. It is stitched on 14 count Aida fabric.
7. GREMLINS CROSS STITCH PATTERN, MONSTER MOVIE CROSS STITCH, CHRISTMAS CROSS STITCH PATTERN, PDF PATTERN, MOVIE COUNTED CROSS STITCH PATTERN
Gremlins is a piece of 80s pop culture history. This movie was a hit, and you could find merchandise everywhere. All the kids wanted a plush Gizmo.
This pop culture movies Gremlins inspired cross stitch pattern includes 2 versions. You get an everyday version of Gizmo and Spike and a Christmas version. The completed Gremlins pattern measures 3.4” x 5.4”. Both patterns are stitched on 14 count Aida fabric. The pattern uses full cross stitches and backstitching. The holiday version uses 19 colors of DMC floss. The regular version uses 14 colors.
8. GHOST CROSS STITCH PATTERN, MOVIE CROSS STITCH PATTERN, HALLOWEEN CROSS STITCH PATTERN, GHOST COUNTED CROSS STITCH - PDF FILE
Are you looking for a fun cross stitch pattern to adorn your home theater? This 80s pop culture movies inspired cross stitch pattern features The Ghostbusters and Slimer.
The finished piece will measure 7.5” x 5.5”. It is stitched on 14 count Aida fabric using 22 colors of DMC floss.
9. CRITTERS MOVIE CROSS STITCH PATTERN DOWNLOAD
Critters was one of those cheesy 80s movies that has a strong cult following. This science fiction comedy horror movie featured these cute balls of fur with razor sharp teeth.
The completed 80s pop culture horror cross stitch pattern measures 4.71” x 7.79”. It is stitched on 14 count Aida fabric using 16 colors.
10. THEY LIVE - HORROR CROSS STITCH PATTERN - HORROR ART - HORROR DECOR - FORMALDEHYDE FACE - JOHN CARPENTER - INSTANT DOWNLOAD
They Live was a great movie. And it still has relevance today. I think more now than ever before. As John Nada said, “Put the glasses on! Put them on!” And Rowdy Roddy Piper was perfect for the part. OK, now I want to watch the movie again. A
This They Live pop culture movies cross stitch pattern inspired by John Carpenter’s masterpiece. It is stitched on 14 count Aida fabric. It requires 17 colors of DMC floss.
11. EDWARD SCISSORHANDS COUNTED CROSS STITCH PATTERN PDF, HORROR/ GOTH CROSS STITCH, HALLOWEEN CROSS STITCH, SPOOKY SCARY CROSS STITCH.
When completed, the pop culture cross stitch pattern measures approximately 15” by 10.5”. It was created to be stitched on any 14 count evenweave fabric, such as Aida or linen. This is an advanced level pattern that will take a lot of patience to complete. However, the final result is spectacular.
12. MOVIE CROSS STITCH PATTERN - FOR BEGINNERS - EMBROIDERY DESIGNS - NEEDLEPOINT KITS -HORROR-PDF DOWNLOAD-PT-429
For those people that have never watched The Shining, they will think you have some strange hotel sign hanging on your wall. But true Stephen King fans will absolutely love it. This is an easy horror cross stitch pattern that only requires one color of DMC floss. You can use 14, 16, or 18 count Aida fabric.
13. 80S FILM CROSS STITCH PATTERN - DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME - PDF DOWNLOAD - WE'RE ALL PRETTY BIZARRE - CROSSSTITCH
Here is another cute cross stitch pattern inspired by one of the biggest 80s pop culture movies. The Breakfast Club pattern features Emilio Estevez as Andrew Clark, Ally Sheedy as Allison Reynolds, Judd Nelson as John Bender, Molly Ringwald as Claire Standish, and Anthony Michael Hall as Brian Johnson.
14. PENNYWISE - IT - CLOWN FACE - CROSS STITCH PATTERN
Here is another awesome Stephen King cross stitch pattern. This Pennywise cross stitch pattern would be super easy to make. Yet, it has a striking appearance.
To complete this pop culture counted cross stitch pattern, you will need 10 colors of DMC floss. You can use 14, 18, or 22 count Aida fabric.
15. MOVIE CROSS STITCH PATTERN - FOR BEGINNERS - EMBROIDERY DESIGNS - NEEDLEPOINT KITS-HORROR - HUNTER-OLD MOVIE-PDF INSTANT DOWNLOAD-PT-231
If you are looking for a beginner-friendly horror cross stitch pattern, this Predator pattern is quite impressive. You can make the predator white and stitch it on black fabric. Or make the Predator movie alien black and stitch it on white Aida fabric.
16. HORROR MOVIE CROSS STITCH PATTERN - SLASHER KILLERS - JASON MICHAEL MYERS FREDDY KRUEGER - PDF INSTANT DOWNLOAD
Here is a super easy horror cross stitch pattern based on several pop culture movies. The characters included in the pattern are Michael Myers from the Halloween Series, Freddy Krueger from A Nightmare on Elm Street, Jason Vorhees from Friday the 13th, Ghostface from Scream, and Leatherface from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
17. PULP FICTION MOVIE POSTER CROSS STITCH DIGITAL PATTERN / MOVIE NEEDLEPOINT / INSTANT DOWNLOAD PDF
Pulp Fiction was one of those pop culture movies that took everyone by storm. It was violent and creative. There wasn’t another film like it.
18. IT'S A MAJOR AWARD -- TWO CROSS STITCH PDF PATTERNS
During the holidays, you cannot get away from A Christmas Story. After all these years, you can still find merchandise in the stores and the movies playing on the TV. If you have ever seen the Christmas holiday classic, you know exactly why this cross stitch pattern is so funny.
The PDF pattern download includes 2 variations. You get both the full cross stitch version and the backstitch version.
19. SERIOUS CLARK - PDF DIGITAL DOWNLOAD, MODERN CROSS STITCH, INSTANT DOWNLOAD, BEGINNERS CROSS STITCH, EASY CROSS STITCH, CHRISTMAS
This is a must Christmas cross stitch pattern for anyone that loves the Chevy Chase National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation movie. I remember seeing this pop culture movie in the theater when it came out. I laughed so hard at the sled scene. What a great movie.
20. GHOST FACE NO YOU HANG UP FIRST PDF HALLOWEEN CROSS STITCH PATTERN SKELETON EMBROIDERY RADIOLOGY PATTERN PDF GHOSTFACE CALLING PATTERN PDF
Are you fan of the Scream movies looking for a modern design? Check out this awesome Ghostface pattern. The pop culture movie cross stitch pattern only uses three colors of DMC floss.