Get ready to add a touch of eerie elegance to your décor with these Halloween blackwork embroidery patterns.
“Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and cauldron bubble.” - William Shakespeare
Do you love Halloween as much as I do? If so, you know it is never too early to get started on your crafting projects. Below are some Halloween blackwork embroidery designs that are perfect for decorating your home and helping to create an eerie atmosphere.
What is Blackwork Embroidery?
Blackwork embroidery is a historic form of needlework. It originally involved creating intricate patterns and designs using black thread on a plain white fabric. Today, you can find modern patterns that use colored threads and fabric.
The stitches used in blackwork embroidery are typically geometric and repetitive. The stitches create striking and detailed designs. If you have never tried blackwork embroidery, you can find lots of embroidery tutorials on YouTube.
I've searched high and low for free Halloween blackwork embroidery designs, but unfortunately, I couldn't find any. It's a bit puzzling why there aren't many free patterns specifically designed for Halloween. However, don't worry. There are some paid patterns, and they would be a lot of fun to stitch up.
Below, I have put together a list of 12 Halloween blackwork embroidery designs. So, even though I was unable to find any free Halloween blackwork embroidery patterns, there are still plenty of exciting designs to choose from.
12 Halloween Blackwork Embroidery Designs
1. BAT MOON BLACKWORK - HARVEST MOON HALLOWEEN GOTHIC EMBROIDERY CROSS STITCH - BLACKWORK PATTERN - DIGITAL PDF DOWNLOAD
Add a touch of ghostly magic to your holiday decor with this glow-in-the-dark Halloween blackwork embroidery design. The embroidery pattern is 72 stitches wide by 102 stitches high. The completed sheet ghost design is perfect for adding that extra bit of creepiness at night.
2. HAUNTED HOUSE HALLOWEEN BLACKWORK PATTERN, BLACKWORK CHART, COLOURED BLACKWORK CHART, CROSS STITCH CHART BY PEPPERMINT
This fun, colorful piece will add a bit of whimsy to your holiday decor. The Halloween blackwork embroidery design measures 100 stitches wide by 100 stitches high. The pattern features a haunted house and bats against a backdrop of a large full moon. The vibrant colors of this design and the blackness of the house make for a captivating design.
3. BAT MOON BLACKWORK - HARVEST MOON HALLOWEEN GOTHIC EMBROIDERY CROSS STITCH - BLACKWORK PATTERN - DIGITAL PDF DOWNLOAD
Celebrate the spookiest time of the year with this charming bat and moon Halloween blackwork embroidery design. The pattern measures 102 stitches wide by 100 stitches high. The gorgeous design is simple yet stunning.
4. SPIDERWEB - BLACKWORK & CROSS STITCH BLEND - PDF DIGITAL PATTERN - GOTH SPOOKY
This Halloween blackwork embroidery design is a versatile pattern. You can choose between using black thread on a white background or white thread on a black background. You can even glow-in-the-dark thread for an extra spooky touch. It measures 205 stitches wide by 194 stitches high. It combines both blackwork embroidery and cross-stitch techniques.
5. HALLOWEEN GLOW IN THE DARK BLACKWORK PATTERN, SPOOKY BLACKWORK CHART, CROSS STITCH CHART BY PEPPERMINT PURPLE
Get ready for a fun surprise with this Halloween blackwork embroidery design. It reveals a different look in the dark compared to the light. In the daylight, you can see jack-o-lanterns, candles, and spiders on their webs. But as night falls, prepare for a spooktacular transformation as glow-in-the-dark ghosts, jack-o-lantern faces, and the word "boo" come alive.
6. SPOOKY SAL 2021 - NOW COMPLETED!
This Halloween blackwork embroidery design includes two border designs and two colorways. You can swap the borders around and stitch your favorite design in either colorway. This bewitching stitch-a-long features an owl, a ghost, a black cat, a crystal ball, a haunted house, a spider, and a howling wolf.
7. BLACK WIDOW REDBACK SPIDER BLACKWORK, VICTORIAN STYLE INSECT SPECIMEN EMBROIDERY CROSS STITCH, BLACKWORK PATTERN, DIGITAL PDF DOWNLOAD
Here is a captivating black widow spider Halloween blackwork embroidery design. It measures 82 stitches wide by 98 stitches high. The design is simple, clean, and gorgeous. It uses 4 colors of DMC floss. This is a spider you would definitely invite into your home.
8. BLACKWORK EMBROIDERY SKULL PATTERN FULLY FILLED | INSTANT DOWNLOAD | HALLOWEEN DECOR | MEDICAL GIFT
Your Halloween décor isn’t complete with a skull or two. This amazing design has intricate shading that brings the skull to life, while the delicate, lace-like appearance adds a touch of elegance.
9. FLYING BAT WOODCUT, GOTHIC BLACKWORK PATTERN, PHOTOREALISTIC MODERN EMBROIDERY CROSS STITCH, GOTH HORROR, DIGITAL PDF DOWNLOAD
This bat woodcut is from Le Chemin des Écoliers- Promenade de Paris à Marly-le-Roy, en suivant les bords du Rhin. The Halloween blackwork embroidery design is 200 stitches wide x 189 stitches high.
10. HALLOWEEN BLACKWORK, SPOOKY DOILIES - GHOSTS AND PUMPKINS , PDF BLACKWORK, PDF EMBROIDERY PATTERN, BLACKWORK PDF, BY THE STEADY THREAD
Here is a delightful Halloween blackwork embroidery design that features ghosts and grinning jack-o-lanterns. The pattern measures 98 stitches by 98 stitches. It's perfect for stitching on various projects from tablecloths to wall décor.
11. CAT BLACKWORK PATTERN PDF CRESCENT MOON BACKSTITCH CHART, FUNNY BLACK CAT CROSS STITCH, FLOWER MOON BLACKWORK EMBROIDERY DOWNLOAD PDF #W4
This blackwork embroidery design features a flower moon and a black cat. The elegant crescent moon and delicate flowers are beautifully created using blackwork embroidery. The cat is created using cross stitch. This design is perfect for Halloween or as a gift for a cat lover. The embroidery pattern is 131 stitches by 127 stitches.
12. BAT BLACKWORK EMBROIDERY PATTERN INSTANT DOWNLOAD CHART ONLY
Stitch up this adorable little bat in no time. You can frame the piece or transform it into a biscornu. The pattern measures 50 stitches by 50 stitches. It is the perfect project if you are looking for quick and easy Halloween blackwork embroidery designs.
Halloween blackwork embroidery designs are a fun way to celebrate the spooky holiday season. From haunted houses and bats to ghosts and jack-o-lanterns, these intricate blackwork patterns allow you to create hauntingly beautiful works of art.