Do you want to learn how to crochet? Check out these crochet kits for beginners.
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” - Benjamin Franklin
Have you seen the Woobles crochet kits for beginners? For a while, I was seeing them everywhere. They were popping up on my Facebook feed and showing up on my Etsy searches. So, of course, I was intrigued.
I love to learn all types of things. And crochet is one of those things that has always captivated me. However, I suck at it. Do not get me wrong, I try. Oh, how I try.
I am constantly trying to learn new stitches and techniques. However, most videos, on YouTube, that are aimed at teaching you how to crochet are not well done. I watch them and think, this is going to be easy. I follow along and the next thing I know they have a long chain of stitches. What did I miss? They just do not go slow enough for actual beginners.
What are the Woobles Crochet Kits for Beginners?
The Woobles crochet kits for beginners are marketed as some of the best kits for learning how to crochet. I read review after review, and everyone raved at how easy the instructions were to understand. Was it true? I could not see how. But maybe it was true. Maybe, just maybe, I stumbled across a fun crafting kit that could actually teach me the correct way to crochet.
My Review of the Woobles Crochet Kit for Beginners
I could not stop thinking about this crochet kit, because I am nuts. So, I purchased the cute little penguin amigurumi crochet pattern/kit. I did not have my hopes up, but I could not wait to receive it.
Woobles did not send me the kit or compensate me for this review.
What Came in the Crochet for Beginners Kit
Yarns (The Woobles Easy Peasy yarn, custom-made for beginners)
Pre-started Crochet Magic Ring
4 mm Ergonomic Crochet Hook
Yarn Needle (Tapestry Needle)
Printable Online Instructions
Completing the Pierre the Penguin Crochet Kit for Beginners
Once I opened the crochet kit for beginners and squeezed the amazing yarn a few times, it was time to get busy. I opened the website and logged in with the included password.
Since the penguin is worked in the round, it starts with a magic ring. Instead of starting you off with a hard step, the kit comes with a premade crochet magic ring. Another amazing thing the Woobles artist did was make short videos that are extremely helpful. Unlike other videos, these were definitely made for beginners. They are slow and explain everything in detail.
The kit starts off by teaching you the single crochet stitch, then adds in the increase stitch. It explains how these stitches work and how to count the stitches. As it is doing this, it is also sneakily teaching you how to read a pattern.
The next stitch it teaches you is the invisible decrease. You then stuff the piece and finish the body.
I saw a lot of people complaining that the kit starts with a premade crochet magic loop, but you need to learn it. These people did not make the Woobles crochet kit for beginners. Because once the body is completed, you will learn how to make a crochet magic loop. And just with every other step, they make it super easy to understand.
Now you will practice your newfound skill of making a crochet magic loop 4 times: the belly, both wings, and the beak. The instructions even show you how easy it is to attach each piece.
After I completed the Woobles Pierre the Penguin and showed him off to everyone, I had enough material left over to make another penguin. If this is normal, I do not know. But all I have to buy is another set of eyes! So, I will have 2 penguins and a ton of practice.
I would definitely recommend this crochet kit to anyone interested in learning how to crochet. This kit made learning fun and easy. I am actually pondering the purchase of one of their intermediate level kits.
What is Amigurumi?
Amigurumi is a fancy word for crocheted stuffed dolls. The name comes from a combination of two Japanese words: “ami” and “nuigurumi”. These dolls can be made in any size. And if you do not know how to crochet, some amigurumi patterns use knitting techniques instead.
Woobles Amigurumi Crochet Kits for Beginners
1. BEGINNER LEARN TO CROCHET KIT PENGUIN BY THE WOOBLES - EASY CROCHET STARTER KIT - CROCHET PLUSHIE KIT - AMIGURUMI KIT - DIY CRAFT KIT GIFT
This is the most popular Wooble, and it is the crochet kit for beginners that I completed. Pierre the Penguin is so cute!
2. BEGINNER CROCHET DINOSAUR T-REX BY THE WOOBLES - EASY FIRST CROCHET STARTER KIT - CROCHET PLUSHIE KIT - AMIGURUMI KIT - DIY CRAFT KIT GIFT
Are you looking to make a squishy little dinosaur as your very first amigurumi crochet project? Then why not try Fred the Dino? Just as with Pierre the Penguin this dinosaur crochet kit for beginners comes with the amazing Woobles Easy Peasy yarn.
3. BEGINNER LEARN TO CROCHET KIT BUNNY RABBIT THE WOOBLES - EASY CROCHET STARTER KIT - CROCHET PLUSHIE KIT - AMIGURUMI KIT - DIY CRAFT KIT GIFT
Are you wanting to crochet a special gift for an Easter Basket stuffer? Or do you just love cute little bunnies? Check out this Woobles bunny crochet kit for beginners.
4. BEGINNER LEARN TO CROCHET KIT CHICK DUCK THE WOOBLES - EASY CROCHET STARTER KIT - CROCHET PLUSHIE KIT - AMIGURUMI KIT - DIY CRAFT KIT GIFT
This duck is the smallest Wooble of the bunch. And it is the least cluttered. This would make it the easiest crochet kit for beginners to complete.
5. BEGINNER CROCHET KIT KITTY CAT BY THE WOOBLES - EASY FIRST CROCHET STARTER KIT - CROCHET PLUSHIE KIT - AMIGURUMI KIT - DIY CRAFT KIT GIFT
Here is another Wooble cat crochet kit for beginners. This pattern is a little challenging, so you may not want to try it as your very first project.
Woobles Intermediate Level Amigurumi Crochet Kits
1. FOX CROCHET KIT BY THE WOOBLES - INTERMEDIATE AMIGURUMI KIT - GIFT FOR CROCHETERS - DIY ANIMAL PLUSHIE KIT GIFT - CROCHET KIT WITH YARN
This is the next DIY crochet kit I am looking at purchasing. This fox is adorable and would make a great addition to our camper.
2. CROCODILE ALLIGATOR CROCHET KIT BY THE WOOBLES - AMIGURUMI KIT - GIFT FOR CROCHETERS - DIY ANIMAL PLUSHIE KIT GIFT - CROCHET KIT WITH YARN
This crocodile crochet kit is for intermediate crocheters. If you already know basic crochet stitches and are ready for a more challenging crochet pattern, then this kit may be perfect for you.
3. TEDDY BEAR CROCHET KIT BY THE WOOBLES - INTERMEDIATE AMIGURUMI KIT - GIFT FOR CROCHETERS - DIY ANIMAL PLUSHIE GIFT - CROCHET KIT WITH YARN
Who doesn’t love teddy bears? Now you can make your own plushie with this DIY crochet kit. The kit is intended for anyone who has completed a beginner level crochet kit.
4. HIPPO CROCHET KIT BY THE WOOBLES - INTERMEDIATE AMIGURUMI KIT - GIFT FOR CROCHETERS - DIY ANIMAL PLUSHIE KIT GIFT - CROCHET KIT WITH YARN
Poppi the Hippo was born in the water and has been in love with it ever since. If you are ready to improve your new crochet skills and try a more complicated pattern, Poppi is here for you.
Woobles Crochet Kit Bundles
1. BEGINNER LEARN TO CROCHET KIT FOX BY THE WOOBLES - EASY CROCHET STARTER KIT - CROCHET PLUSHIE KIT - AMIGURUMI KIT - DIY CRAFT KIT GIFT
With this DIY craft kit, you get both the beginner-friendly Felix the fox and intermediate level Francois the backpacking fox.
2. BEGINNER LEARN TO CROCHET KIT PENGUIN DINOSAUR HIPPO BY THE WOOBLES - EASY FIRST STARTER KIT - CROCHET PLUSHIE KIT - DIY AMIGURUMI CRAFT KIT
Do you want to work on 2 beginner-friendly crochet patterns for beginners before you start an intermediate level pattern? Then this kit is for you. Working on the two beginner projects first will give you more time to practice your new skills before trying a harder project.
Even More Amigurumi Crochet Kits for Beginners and Intermediate Level Crocheters
If you already know the basics of crochet and are looking for some fun kits to improve your skills and make cute amigurumi plushies, check out these amigurumi crochet kits for beginners.
1. CROCHET AMIGURUMI KIT HONEY BEE TOY
This DIY crochet kit for beginners makes a honey bee that measures approximately 3.35 inches. The pattern includes a photo tutorial of the most popular crochet stitches. You can order the kit with or without a crochet hook.
2. BEGINNER POSSUM CROCHET KIT, CRAFT KIT, EASY AMIGURUMI, LEARN TO CROCHET KIT
Are you wanting to learn how to crochet? Check out this fun little possum DIY crochet kit. The kit includes a crochet hook (with add on), yarn, stuffing, plastic eyes, a tapestry needle, a stitch marker, PDF pattern, video tutorials, and steps with pictures.
3. CROCHET KIT ICE LOLLY CROCHET KIT | DIY | CRAFT KIT | MAKE YOUR OWN | CROCHET PATTERN | AMIGURUMI KIT | EASY CROCHET KIT | BEGINNERS
Did you enjoy the Bomb Pops when you were a kid? The red, white, and blue popsicles were delicious and great for hot summer days. Relive those memories by working up this lolly with the help of this DIY crochet kit.
4. BEAR CROCHET KIT FOR BEGINNER - AMIGURUMI KIT WITH YARN - STARTED CROCHET KIT
This crochet pattern is designed for those who already have basic crochet skills. It does not contain crochet lessons. The size of the finished crochet teddy bear, using the suggested materials, is about 5.9 inches (15 cm).
5. ALIEN CHILD CROCHET DIY KIT
This geeky DIY crochet kit includes everything you need to make a cute Baby Yoda (Grogu) amigurumi toy. It is an advanced beginner pattern. The kit is ideal for anyone that can crochet and wants to learn the art of amigurumi.
6. CROCHET AMIGURUMI KIT UNICORN, DIY KIT
This unicorn DIY crochet kit looks super fun to make. This project is best for crocheters who already have some experience making toys. All the techniques used are explained in the pattern.
7. BEGINNERS ARTHUR BUNNY CROCHET KIT, LEARN TO CROCHET, CUTE AMIGURUMI PATTERN, CROCHET KIT
How sweet is this floppy bunny? You can make Arthur for yourself, or gift him to a friend or family member. This sweet bunny stands about 10.24 inches (26 cm) tall from toes to ear tips.