Free and paid DC Comic Felt Patterns
“Sometimes it's only madness that makes us what we are.” -Bruce Wayne (aka Batman)
Free and Paid DC Comics Felt Sewing Patterns
Have you ever made felt ornaments or sewn felt toys? If you have, you know it is an addictive hobby that is fun. I find it to be felt sewing patterns to be relaxing and extremely enjoyable.
If you have never worked with felt toy patterns, you will quickly find out they are fairly easy to master. Felt crafts can be completed by the young and old alike. Kids just need to be old enough to work with scissors and embroidery needles.
All the DC Comics inspired felt patterns listed below are hand sewing felt projects. You do not need to know how to use a sewing machine to complete these adorable felt patterns. I have included my free felt sewing pattern along with a few other DC Comics sewing patterns. The smaller plushies could easily be made into felt ornaments.
Batman Logo Free Felt Sewing Pattern
Are you like me and always looking for free plushie patterns? Look no farther, here is one of my free felt sewing patterns. I created this Batman logo felt ornament to share with all of you. If you are looking for more free felt patterns, scroll down to the bottom.
If you make this DC Comics inspired pattern, please share it with us all. I cannot wait to see your completed projects. All I ask is you do not sell this sewing pattern as your own. Please share the link and let everyone enjoy the pattern for free.
So, let’s get started with this beginner-friendly felt sewing pattern. You can use the pattern to make a felt ornament or a simple plush Batman logo.
And by the way, what does the DC on DC Comics stand for? The DC stands for Detective Comics.
How to Sew Felt Stitches / DC Comics Batman Felt Pattern Free
If you already know how to sew felt ornaments, you will be able to complete this pattern in no time at all. It is a beginner-friendly project.
If you are new to felt crafts and are wanting to learn how to sew felt ornaments, this is a super simple project that only uses two simple stitches: running stitch and blanket stitch.
Below are two very helpful YouTube videos that will show you how to complete these very simple stitches.
Running Stitch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1-B01FB56s
Blanket Stitch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpTRSsbqUso
This video is a little long. However, it is the only one that I could find that shows you how to start and finish the blanket stitch.
How to Sew a Felt Ornament | Batman Logo
I wanted to make a pattern that every skill level could enjoy and whip up quickly. I hope you enjoy making the free felt sewing pattern.
Felt (Black and Yellow)
Sharp Scissors (They must be sharp)
Embroidery Floss (Black and Yellow)
Printer and Paper
Free Felt Pattern Printable PDF
Ribbon or String (optional)
Free Printable Sewing Pattern Below
Instructions for making Batman Logo Felt Ornaments
Now here is the fun part. Let’s get started!
How to sew a felt ornament | Free Batman Logo Felt Sewing Pattern:
1. Collect all your supplies.
2. Print off the free sewing pattern located under the supplies list.
3. Cut out the felt sewing pattern pieces.
4. Pin the pieces to the felt. Each piece is marked on which color to use and how many pieces of felt to cut.
5. Gently cut out all the pieces. Felt can be hard to cut, especially with dull scissors. Your scissors must be sharp.
6. Center the Batman Bat on the front of the yellow oval. Once you have it perfectly positioned, use the running stitch (black embroidery thread) to attach the bat.
7. Place the yellow oval (with the bat attached) on top of one of the black ovals. Use the running stitch (yellow embroidery thread) all the way around the yellow oval.
8. If you are making the Batman logo into an ornament. Position the ribbon or string where you need it. Make sure the loop is long enough you can hang it on a tree branch. To keep it in place, I add a little stitch. (You can see an example of how I do this HERE).
9. Place the two black ovals together. Use the blanket stitch (back embroidery thread) to sew them together. Do not sew it completely shut. Leave a decent size hole for filling the Batman logo.
10. Once you have the black ovals sewn and have left a hole for filling, take small chunks of the Poly-fil and start stuffing the logo. You can fill it as much as you like. I did a very light filling, so it would lay somewhat flat. Make sure you get all the nooks and crannies filled.
11. After you stuffed the Batman plushie, finish sewing it shut using the blanket stitch.
12. Now you are done, and it is time to show off your creation.
Additional DC Comic Inspired Felt Sewing Patterns
If you are looking for some more DC Comic felt doll patterns, check out some of the awesome designs below. I have included easy patterns as well as more advanced patterns.
1. GREEN LANTERN DOLL PATTERN
How cute is this little Green Lantern plushie? Once completed, Green Lantern measures about 6 inches tall.
The superhero felt sewing pattern includes a list of materials, an embroidery stitch guide, step-by-step sewing instructions, and photos. The full scale pattern is ready to print as soon as you receive your digital download.
2. PDF PATTERN TO MAKE A FELT V (V FOR VENDETTA O GUY FAWKES)
Here is a character you rarely see as a stuffed doll. The PDF felt sewing pattern creates a V for Vendetta (Guy Fawkes) that stands approximately 8.1 inches tall (21 cm).
Included in the sewing tutorial are pictures and step-by-step explanations. It is a medium level pattern that requires previous felt sewing knowledge. The instructions are in both Spanish and English.
3. PDF SEWING PATTERN TO MAKE A WONDER WOMAN DOLL
This PDF sewing pattern makes a 7.4” tall Wonder Woman plushie. The big googly eyes are so funny. I’m sure you could also use doll eyes on this pattern if you choose.
Included in the download is a tutorial with pictures and step-by-step explanations. It is a medium level pattern that requires previous felt sewing knowledge. The instructions are in both Spanish and English.
4. CUTE SUPERHERO PATTERN FELT SUPER PDF PATTERN MAN COMICS DOLL PATTERN FELT KAWAII SUPERHEROES PATTERNS EASY PDF PATTERN COMICS CHARACTER
Here is an easy digital tutorial on how to make a cute Superman felt doll. Finished, the Superman plushies measures approximately 5.1” in height.
The PDF superhero felt sewing pattern tutorial includes step-by-step pictures with instructions, a materials list, a basic stitching guide, and real size pattern pieces.
5. PDF PATTERN TO MAKE A FELT HARLEY QUINN.
If you are looking for an advanced level felt sewing pattern, this Harley Quinn doll is for you. Completed, the felt Harley Quinn plushies measures approximately 7.2” tall.
The PDF pattern includes a tutorial with pictures and step-by-step explanations. The instructions are in both Spanish and English.
6. PDF TUTORIAL TO MAKE A FELT HARLEY QUINN AND JOKER.
If you want to make a friend for Harley Quinn, check out this pattern. You get both Harley and the Joker.
7. ROBIN DOLL PATTERN
This adorable felt sewing pattern is for Batman's sidekick Robin. Robing measures approximately 6 inches tall. Don’t you just love his little cape?
The pattern includes a list of materials, an embroidery stitch guide, step-by-step sewing instructions with photos, and a full scale pattern ready for you to print.
8. SUPERHERO PATTERN FELT WONDER DOLL PATTERN FELT WOMAN PATTERN COMICS CHARACTERS PATTERNS FELT SEWING PATTERN FELT ORNAMENTS PATTERN
Here is another super cute Wonder Woman felt sewing pattern. This DC Comics inspired pattern has a few tiny pieces that may be hard for beginners to work with. But with a little patience, this would be a fun pattern to complete.
The PDF tutorial includes step-by-step pictures, English step-by-step instructions, a materials list, a basic stitching guide, and real size pattern pieces. Completed, this Wonder Woman plushie measures approximately 4.9” tall.
9. PDF PATTERN TO MAKE A FELT SUPER HERO.
This PDF sewing pattern makes a 7.8” tall Batman plushie. Included in the download is a tutorial with pictures and step-by-step explanations. It is a medium level pattern that requires previous felt sewing knowledge. The instructions are in both Spanish and English.
10. CUTE SUPERHERO PATTERN FELT SUPERHEROES PDF PATTERN INSPIRED COMICS PATTERN FELT SUPERHERO DOLL PATTERN FELT SUPERHEROES PATTERN PDF
Are you interested in making a bunch of Superhero felt patterns? This felt sewing pattern includes both DC Comics characters and Marvel Comics characters. You get cute patterns for Spider-Man, Wolverine, Deadpool, Batman, The Incredible Hulk, and Superman.
The felt patterns include step-by-step instructions and pictures, a materials list, a basic stitching guide, and real size pattern pieces.
Geeky McGeekerson Free Felt Patterns
Are you searching for free printable felt crafts patterns? Here are some more of my free felt plushie patterns.