Free felt sewing pattern.
“Whatever you do, do it well.” -Walt Disney
How to Make a Mickey Mouse Glove Ornament
If you have never made felt ornaments or dolls, you are in for a treat. Felt crafting is fun and fairly easy to master. And these projects can be completed by the young and old alike. Kids just need to be old enough to work with scissors and embroidery needles.
I have included my free Mickey Mouse Glove felt sewing pattern as well as some paid patterns. If you are looking for some amazing Disney inspired felt sewing patterns, click HERE. You will be taken directly to the list.
Mickey Mouse Glove Free Sewing Pattern
Are you looking for a free felt sewing pattern? I created this Mickey pattern just for you. If you make this pattern, please share it with us all. I cannot wait to see your completed projects.
All I ask is you do not sell this pattern as your own. Please share the link and let everyone enjoy the pattern for free.
So, let’s get started with this beginner-friendly felt sewing pattern. You can use the pattern to make an ornament or a simple plush Mickey Mouse glove. In the near future, I hope to have a free doll pattern too.
Free Mickey Mouse Felt Sewing Pattern
If you already know how to sew felt ornaments, you will be able to complete this pattern in no time at all. If you are new to felt projects and are wanting to learn how to sew felt ornaments, this is a super simple project that only uses two simple stitches: running stitch and blanket stitch.
Below are two very helpful YouTube videos that will show you how to complete these very simple stitches.
Running Stitch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1-B01FB56s
Blanket Stitch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpTRSsbqUso
This video is a little long. However, it is the only one that I could find that shows you how to start and finish the blanket stitch.
How to Sew a Felt Ornament | Mickey Mouse Glove
I love Mickey Mouse and I think this pattern came out nicely. I hope you enjoy this Disney inspired felt sewing pattern as much as I do.
Felt (Black and White)
Embroidery Floss (Black and White)
Printer and Paper
Free Printable Felt Sewing Pattern
Ribbon or String (optional)
Free Printable Sewing Pattern Below
Instructions for making a Mickey Mouse Glove Felt Ornament
Now here is the fun part. Let’s get started!
How to sew a felt ornament | Free Mickey Mouse Glove Pattern:
1. Collect all your supplies.
2. Print off the free sewing pattern. You can find it HERE.
3. Cut out the felt sewing pattern pieces.
4. Pin the pieces to the felt. Each piece is marked on which color to use.
5. Gently cut out all the pieces. Felt can be hard to cut, especially with dull scissors. You will need to cut 2 pieces of the large black hand.
6. Position the 3 small black pieces on the front of the white glove. Once you figure out exactly where you want them, use the running stitch (black embroidery thread) to attach them to the white glove. Make the stitch straight down the center of each piece.
7. Place the white glove on top of one piece of the black glove. Use the running stitch (white embroidery thread) all the way around the white glove.
8. If you are making the Mickey Mouse glove into an ornament. Position the ribbon or string where you need it. Make sure the loop is long enough you can hang it on a tree branch. To keep it in place, I add a little stitch.
9. Place the two black gloves together. Use the blanket stitch (black embroidery thread) to sew them together. Do not sew it completely shut. Leave a decent size hole for filling the glove. When you get to the ribbon or string, use the running stitch down between the fingers and back up. This will secure the hanger.
10. Once you have the glove pieces attached and have left a hole for filling, take small chunks of the Poly-fil and start stuffing the glove. Make sure you get all the nooks and crannies filled.
11. After you stuffed the glove, finish sewing it shut using the blanket stitch.
12. Now you are done, and it is time to show off your creation.
Additional Felt Sewing Patterns
If you are looking for some more Disney felt doll patterns, check out some of the awesome designs below. I have included easy patterns as well as more advanced patterns.
1. PDF PATTERN TO MAKE A FELT JIMINY CRICKET
Here is a very cool Jiminy Cricket felt doll pattern. This is quite an impressive pattern that is not for a beginner. If you have some experience with felt crafting, give this one a try.
2. WHITE RABBIT ALICE IN WONDERLAND FELT PATTERN WHITE RABBIT DOLL FAIRYTALE DOLL PATTERN EASY SEWING PROJECT FELT BABY MOBILE NURSERY DECOR
Check out this Alice in Wonderland White Rabbit felt doll pattern. This little guy is so cute. Completed, the rabbit measures 5.5 inches tall. If you are looking for a fun gift for a fan of Alice in Wonderland, make them this. They will love it. At least I know I would.
3. SNOW WHITE PATTERN FELT PRINCESS PATTERN PDF DOLL PATTERN CUTE DOLL PRINCESS PATTERN MOVIE FELT PATTERN SNOW WHITE DOLL PATTERN FELT
Here is a cute doll pattern for those that adore the Disney princesses. The Snow White doll pattern is for an advanced beginner. The felt sewing pattern includes step-by-step instructions that make it fairly simple to complete.
4. JACK SKELLINGTON PATTERN FELT HALLOWEEN PATTERN JACK SKELLINGTON FELT ORNAMENT DIY FELT ORNAMENTS HALLOWEEN PATTERNS DIY HALLOWEEN ORNAMENTS
5. ZERO PATTERN HALLOWEEN PATTERN FELT ZERO DOLL PATTERN HALLOWEEN DOLL PATTERN EASY PDF PATTERNS DIY HALLOWEEN ORNAMENTS EASY PATTERN PDF
If you are going to make Jack Skellington, you know he needs his trusty ghost dog Zero. This is an extremely easy pattern that can be made quickly.
6. SALLY PATTERN FELT HALLOWEEN DOLL PATTERN SALLY DOLL PATTERN HALLOWEEN ORNAMENT PATTERN SALLO ORNAMENT FELT PATTERN EASY FELT PATTERN
And the trio is not complete without Sally. The size of the completed DIY Nightmare Before Christmas ornament is about 5.5 inches tall.
7. FELT SNAKE PATTERN, PDF PATTERN, SEWING PATTERN, PLUSHIE, TOY, DECORATION, DISNEY, KAA, HANDMADE, STUFFED ANIMAL,
I love this Kaa inspired felt sewing pattern. This completed snake from The Jungle Book, would make a great addition to a Disney room or a person who is infatuated with snakes.
8. PDF STITCH DOLL PATTERN / FELT EASY SEWING PATTERN / LILO AND STITCH SOFT DOLL TOY PATTERN / HAND SEWING PATTERN / SVG INCLUDED
Sew your own cute Stitch plushie using this Disney felt sewing pattern. The tutorial includes instructions, pattern pieces, and an SVG file. Finished, the Lilo and Stitch doll will measure about 5.9 inches (15 cm) tall.
9. BABY CHILD ALIEN- FELT PATTERN - TOY KIDS - SPACE - SEWING - PDF PATTERN - GEEK - EASY PLUSH
Are you looking for unique Star Wars gifts for a Baby Yoda fan? Check out this cutie. With this PDF download, you get Star Wars felt patterns for both Grogu and his hover pod.
This is an easy pattern that can be completed by an advanced beginner or even a determined beginner. There are no instructions, only pattern pieces.
10. FELT DOLL PATTERN FELT URSULA DOLL PDF DOLL PATTERN FELT NURSERY DECOR BABY FELT MOBILE SVG FELT PATTERN WITCH PATTERN EASY SEWING TUTORIAL
11. BEAUTY AND THE BEAST FELT PATTERN PRINCESS BELLE PATTERN FELT PRINCESS PATTERN PDF DOLL PATTERN DISNEY PRINCESS PATTERN DISNEY FELT PATTERN
You get both Beauty and the Beast in this felt sewing pattern. If you are looking for unique Beauty and the Beast party ideas, make a bunch of these to give out to the kids.
12. PDF PATTERN - CINDERELLA'S DRESS SCENE
I left the biggest and most impressive felt sewing pattern for last. This thing is amazing. If you are a fan of Cinderella or know someone that is. You cannot go wrong with this pattern. The finished project measures approximately 7.87 inches tall and 9.84 inches wide.
Geeky McGeekerson Free Felt Patterns
Are you searching for free printable felt crafts patterns? Here are some more of my free felt plushie patterns.