“Whatever you do, do it well.” -Walt Disney
How to Make a Mickey Mouse Glove Ornament
If you have never made felt ornaments or dolls, you are in for a treat. Felt crafting is fun and fairly easy to master. And these projects can be completed by the young and old alike. Kids just need to be old enough to work with scissors and embroidery needles.
I have included my free Mickey Mouse Glove felt sewing pattern as well as some paid patterns. If you are looking for some amazing Disney inspired felt sewing patterns, click HERE. You will be be taken directly to the list.
Mickey Mouse Glove Free Sewing Pattern
Are you looking for a free felt sewing pattern? I created this Mickey pattern just for you. If you make this pattern, please share it with us all. I cannot wait to see your completed projects.
All I ask is you do not sell this pattern as your own. Please share the link and let everyone enjoy the pattern for free.
So, let’s get started with this beginner-friendly felt sewing pattern. You can use the pattern to make an ornament or a simple plush Mickey Mouse glove. In the near future, I hope to have a free doll pattern too.
Free Mickey Mouse Felt Sewing Pattern
If you already know how to sew felt ornaments, you will be able to complete this pattern in no time at all. If you are new to felt projects and are wanting to learn how to sew felt ornaments, this is a super simple project that only uses two simple stitches: running stitch and blanket stitch.
Below are two very helpful YouTube videos that will show you how to complete these very simple stitches.
Running Stitch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1-B01FB56s
Blanket Stitch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpTRSsbqUso
This video is a little long. However, it is the only one that I could find that shows you how to start and finish the blanket stitch.
How to Sew a Felt Ornament | Mickey Mouse Glove
I love Mickey Mouse and I think this pattern came out nicely. I hope you enjoy this Disney inspired felt sewing pattern as much as I do.
Felt (Black and White)
Embroidery Floss (Black and White)
Printer and Paper
Free Printable Felt Sewing Pattern
Ribbon or String (optional)
Free Printable Sewing Pattern Below
Instructions for making a Mickey Mouse Glove Felt Ornament
Now here is the fun part. Let’s get started!
How to sew a felt ornament | Free Mickey Mouse Glove Pattern:
1. Collect all your supplies.
2. Print off the free sewing pattern. You can find it HERE.
3. Cut out the felt sewing pattern pieces.
4. Pin the pieces to the felt. Each piece is marked on which color to use.
5. Gently cut out all the pieces. Felt can be hard to cut, especially with dull scissors. You will need to cut 2 pieces of the large black hand.
6. Position the 3 small black pieces on the front of the white glove. Once you figure out exactly where you want them, use the running stitch (black embroidery thread) to attach them to the white glove. Make the stitch straight down the center of each piece.
7. Place the white glove on top of one piece of the black glove. Use the running stitch (white embroidery thread) all the way around the white glove.
8. If you are making the Mickey Mouse glove into an ornament. Position the ribbon or string where you need it. Make sure the loop is long enough you can hang it on a tree branch. To keep it in place, I add a little stitch.
9. Place the two black gloves together. Use the blanket stitch (black embroidery thread) to sew them together. Do not sew it completely shut. Leave a decent size hole for filling the glove. When you get to the ribbon or string, use the running stitch down between the fingers and back up. This will secure the hanger.
10. Once you have the glove pieces attached and have left a hole for filling, take small chunks of the Poly-fil and start stuffing the glove. Make sure you get all the nooks and crannies filled.
11. After you stuffed the glove, finish sewing it shut using the blanket stitch.
12. Now you are done, and it is time to show off your creation.
Additional Felt Sewing Patterns
If you are looking for some more Disney felt doll patterns, check out some of the awesome designs below. I have included easy patterns as well as more advanced patterns.
1. PDF PATTERN TO MAKE A FELT JIMINY CRICKET