Free and paid Marvel Universe Felt Sewing Patterns
“Whatever you do, do it well.” -Walt Disney
Free and Paid Marvel Universe Felt Sewing Patterns
I love making felt crafts and creating cute patterns. Here is another free felt craft pattern of my own design. This time I decided to visit the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This free sewing pattern is very easy to make and would make a great gift for a fan of the MCU.
If you have never made felt toys or felt ornaments, they are fun. And there are a lot of felt patterns that are super easy to make. If you are looking for free felt patterns, scroll to the bottom of this post to check out my other free patterns.
But first, here is one of my free felt patterns: Captain America’s shield. You can use this pattern to make felt ornaments or felt toys. If you want to use it to create magnets and keychains, just change the size setting on your printer to make the design a little smaller.
Captain America Free Felt Sewing Pattern
If you are looking for a geeky felt sewing pattern, you have come to the right place. If you make this free Captain America felt sewing pattern, please share it with us all. I cannot wait to see your completed projects.
All I ask is you do not sell this pattern as your own. Please share the link and let everyone enjoy the pattern for free.
So, let’s get started with this beginner-friendly free felt sewing pattern.
How to Sew Felt Stitches / Marvel Comics' Captain America Shield
If you already know how to sew felt ornaments, you will be able to complete this pattern in no time at all. If you are new to hand sewing felt patterns, this is a super simple project that uses 3 types of stitches. These are the running stitch, whipstitch, and blanket stitch.
Below are three very helpful YouTube videos that will show you how to complete these very simple stitches.
Running Stitch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1-B01FB56s
Blanket Stitch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpTRSsbqUso
This video is a little long. However, it is the only one that I could find that shows you how to start and finish the blanket stitch.
Whipstitch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUeLCex5zRY
How to Sew a Felt Toy | Captain America Shield
I hope you enjoy this Marvel Heroes felt sewing pattern. And please share it with your friends too!
Felt (Black and White)
Embroidery Floss (Black and White)
Printer and Paper
Free Felt Pattern Printable PDF
Ribbon or String (optional)
Free Printable Sewing Pattern Below
Instructions for making a Plush Captain America Shield
Now here is the fun part. Let’s get started!
How to make a felt toy | Free Captain America Felt Sewing Pattern:
1. Collect all your supplies.
2. Print off the free sewing pattern located under the supplies list.
3. Cut out the felt sewing pattern pieces.
4. Pin the pieces to the felt. Each piece is marked on which color to use.
5. Gently cut out all the pieces. Felt can be hard to cut, especially with dull scissors. You will need to cut 2 pieces of the large red circle.
6. Position the white star in the center of the blue circle. Attach the start using the running stitch (white embroidery thread).
7. Center the blue circle, with the star facing up, on top of the smallest red circle. Use the whipstitch (blue embroidery thread) all the way around the blue circle.
8. Center the star/blue circle/red circle “stack” on top of the white circle. Use the whipstitch (red embroidery thread) all the way around the red circle.
9. Center the star/blue circle/red circle/white circle “stack” on top of one large red circle. Use the whipstitch (white embroidery thread) all the way around the white circle.
10. If you are making the Captain America Glove into an ornament. Position the ribbon or string on the back of the “stack”. Have the loop come out directly above one point of the star. Make sure the loop is long enough you can hang it on a tree branch. To keep it in place, I add a little stitch.
11. Place the current “sack” on top of the last red circle. Use the blanket stitch (red embroidery thread) to sew them together. Do not sew it completely shut. Leave a decent size hole for filling the shield. Make sure that your stitches run through the ribbon (if you are making an ornament) to keep it in place.
12. Once you have the pieces attached and have left a hole for filling, take small chunks of the Poly-fil and start stuffing the shield. Make sure you get an even fill throughout the project. I did not add too much stuffing since I wanted more of a flat look.
13. After you stuffed the Captain America shield, finish sewing it shut using the blanket stitch.
14. Now you are done, and it is time to show off your creation.
Additional Felt Sewing Patterns
If you are looking for some more Marvel Universe felt patterns, take a look at some of the awesome designs below.
1. CUTE PANTHER PATTERN FELT SUPERHERO ORNAMENT PATTERN SUPERHEROES PATTERN COMICS PATTERN PANTHER ORNAMENT PATTERN AVENGERS PATTERN FELT
Here is an adorable Black Panther felt pattern. It is a fairly simple pattern that could be made by a beginner.
The superhero felt ornament is completely hand sewn. Once completed, the Black Panther plush doll measures approximately 4.9” tall. With the PDF tutorial, you get step-by-step pictures, instructions, a materials list, a basic stitching guide, and real size pattern pieces for print.
2. CUTE SUPERHERO PATTERN FELT SPIDER PDF PATTERN MAN COMICS PATTERN SUPERHEROES PATTERNS COMICS ORNAMENTS PATTERNS FELT EASY PATTERN PDF
This Spiderman would make a great Christmas tree ornament. It is a very simple Marvel Comics felt pattern. However, there is quite a bit of decorative stitching. For this reason, I would not recommend this Spiderman MCU felt doll pattern for a beginner. But if you are bullheaded like me, go for it!
3. CUTE CAPTAIN PATTERN FELT SUPERHERO PATTERN AMERICA PATTERN FELT AMERICA DOLL PATTERN AVENGERS PATTERN COMICS PATTERN SUPERHERO DOLL FELT
If you make my free felt pattern ornament, you might as well make this Captain America sewing pattern to go with it. And while you are at it, try a few more patterns too and completely decorate your Christmas tree in Superheroes and Villains.
4. GREEN SUPERHERO PATTERN COMICS PATTERN FELT GREEN MONSTER PATTERN PDF SUPERHEROES PATTERNS COMICS DOLL PATTERN AVENGERS PATTERN EASY PATTERN
I always enjoyed watching the original Incredible Hulk series when I was young. When they came out with the new movies, I had no interest in watching them. I just knew they would ruin them. But I have to admit, I really like Mark Ruffalo’s version.
If you are a fan of the Incredible Hulk this would be a fun felt sewing pattern to work on. The pattern has step-by-step instructions and photos.
5. THOR PLUSH PDF PATTERN -INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
This little Thor felt doll is so cute and happy. And to make this pattern even better, the hat is removable.
The completed Thor felt pattern measures approximately 3.6” tall.
6. ANT PATTERN FELT SUPERHERO ANT PATTERN MAN ORNAMENT COMICS PATTERN PDF PATTERN AVENGERS PATTERN MOVIE INSPIRED SUPERHERO PATTERN FELT ANT
Here is an awesome Marvel Comics superhero felt sewing pattern. Make this little guy as a felt ornament or just sit him on your dresser. You will love this pattern.
Ant Man measures approximately 4.9” tall.
7. SUPERHERO PATTERN WIDOW PATTERN FELT SUPERHERO BLACK PATTERN WIDOW ORNAMENT FELT WIDOW SEWING PATTERN SUPERHERO DOLL COMICS PATTERN PDF
If you are making Marvel Universe superheroes, you cannot leave out the Black Widow. This little plush doll is the perfect addition to your comic book inspired collection.
Once finished, this little Plush Black Widow doll measures approximately 4.9” tall.
8. SUPERHERO PATTERN FELT COMICS PATTERN SUPERHEROES PATTERN COMICS DOLL ORNAMENT PATTERN IRON PATTERN FELT MAN AVENGERS PATTERN PDF
Could he be the cockiest superhero that has ever existed? It surely is a possibility. Here is an Iron Man felt sewing pattern to add to your collection.
The Marvel Universe superhero felt pattern is completely hand sewn. Once completed, the Iron Man plush doll measures approximately 4.7” tall. With the PDF tutorial, you get step-by-step pictures, instructions, a materials list, a basic stitching guide, and real size pattern pieces for print.
9. PDF PATTERN TO MAKE A FELT PLANT.
Do you kill all the plants you grow? You won't have that problem with this Groot doll. The felt sewing pattern has step-by-step instructions. It is an advanced level sewing pattern. The finished size of the Guardians of the Galaxy inspired felt doll is about 8" tall.
10. VENOM PLUSH PDF PATTERN -INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
This felt Venom doll can be used as a toy, collectible, ornament, or a magnet. Let your imagination decide.
The pattern is very easy to understand. There is a tiny bit of decorative stitching. The size of the finished ornament is about 3.6" tall.
Geeky McGeekerson Free Felt Patterns
Captain America Shield Felt Pattern (Current Page)