Free DIY felt peeps pattern and other fun Peeps crafting patterns.
“Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won't stay there.” -Clarence W. Hall
Free Peeps Felt Pattern and More Amazing Peeps Patterns
Do you enjoy making felt crafts? They are fun and often easy to make. And for most patterns, you do not even need a sewing machine. Since Easter is almost here, I decided to create a free Peeps felt sewing pattern to share with all of you. You can use this Peeps felt pattern to make felt toys or felt ornaments. And they would make great Easter basket stuffers.
Easter Marshmallow Peeps Free Felt Pattern
Are you looking for free felt patterns? I created this Peeps Bunny felt plushie pattern just for you. If you make this pattern, please share it with us. I cannot wait to see your completed project.
All I ask is you do not sell this pattern as your own. Please feel free to share the link and let everyone else enjoy the cute pattern too.
So, let’s get started with this beginner-friendly felt sewing pattern. You can use the pattern to make an ornament or a simple plush Peeps bunny.
How to Sew Felt Stitches / Marshmallow Peeps Bunny
If you already know how to make plushies from felt, you will be able to whip up a bunch of these bunnies in no time. If you are new to felt projects and are wanting to learn how to sew felt ornaments, this is a super simple project that only uses three simple stitches: running stitch, blanket stitch, and French knots.
If you do not know how to sew felt, do not work. Below are three very helpful YouTube videos that will show you how to complete these very simple stitches.
Running Stitch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1-B01FB56s
Blanket Stitch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpTRSsbqUso
This video is a little long. However, it is the only one that I could find that shows you how to start and finish the blanket stitch.
French Knot - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCVtXBU7wlk
How to Sew a Felt Toy | Peeps Bunny
I love marshmallow peeps. I know that Peeps are a major topic around Easter. Some people love them, while others despise them. But no matter if you love them or hate them. You must admit, they are super cute.
I hope you enjoy this Peeps felt pattern as much as I did making it.
Felt (Color of your choice)
Embroidery Floss (That matches felt color)
Printer and Paper
Free Felt Pattern Printable PDF
Ribbon or String (optional)
Free Printable Sewing Pattern Below
Instructions for Completing the Peeps Felt Sewing Pattern
Now here is the fun part. Let’s get started!
How to make a felt toy | Free Peeps Felt Sewing Pattern:
1. Collect all your supplies.
2. Print off the free sewing pattern located under the supplies list.
3. Cut out the felt sewing pattern pieces.
4. Pin the pieces to the felt. Each piece is marked on which color to use.
5. Gently cut out all the pieces. Felt can be hard to cut, especially with dull scissors. You will need to cut 2 Peeps bunny pieces and 2 strip pieces.
6. The first thing you will want to do is add the eyes and nose. An easy way to do this is by pinning the pattern onto one piece of the bunny. Then use the eyes and nose as a guide. Add 3 French knots to make the face. I used 4 strands of embroidery floss and wrapped the needle twice. If I were to do it again, I would wrap the needle 3 times.
7. Remove the paper template gently. You do not want to pull the French knots through the felt.
8. Lay the 2 strips on top of each other and sew them together using the running stitch. You will want to make the stitches close together.
9. Now take one bunny piece and sew the strip onto it. Do this by placing the edges against each other. Use the blanket stitch all the way around to secure the pieces together.
10. When you get near the end of the strip, there will be a “tail.” Cut it off, leaving a small bit of felt. You will need the 2 ends to overlap, so you can sew them together.
11. Sew the ends together using the running stitch. Again, make the stitches close together.
12. Next, sew the other side of the bunny onto the project using the blanket stitch. When you get near the end, stop. You will want to leave a small opening, so you can stuff the bunny. If you are making an ornament, be sure to add the hanger before sewing the bunny.
13. Take very small wads of Poly-fil and stuff the Peeps bunny. Use a pencil or the tip of your finger to ensure that every section of the plushie is completely stuffed.
14. Finish sewing the Peeps bunny shut using the blanket stitch.
15. Now that you have completed the Peeps free felt pattern, make more bunnies in different colors.
Additional Peeps Patterns
If you are looking for some more Peeps patterns, check out some of the awesome designs below. I have included easy patterns as well as more advanced patterns. Scroll all the way to the bottom to see more of my free felt patterns.
1. PEEPS CUSHION PATTERNS
Whether you are looking for a fun Easter gift or just love Peeps Marshmallow Bunnies, you cannot go wrong with this Peeps sewing pattern.
Included in the download are 2 sizes. There is a large bunny that measures 15” x 9” x 3”. And a small bunny that measures 6” x 3” x 1.5”. The pattern calls for baby polar fleece, which makes the pillows super soft.
2. HANGIN' WITH MY PEEPS EASTER MARSHMALLOW CANDY CROSS STITCH PATTERN (PDF ONLY, INSTANT DOWNLOAD) - EASY, BEGINNER LEVEL
Do you enjoy cross stitching? This would be a cute pattern to complete. And it would make an adorable piece to display during Easter or in your kitchen all year round.
The Peeps bunny cross stitch pattern is 94 stitches x 83 stitches. You can use 14, 16, or 18 count Aida fabric. French knots are used to make the eyes and noses.
3. CROCHET BUNNY PEEP PATTERN. PDF FILE
Do you crochet? Here is a very easy and fun Peeps pattern. The pattern works up fast, so you can make several of these cuties to give away.
4. PATTERN FOR HIP HOP BUNNY CROCHET WALL HANGING
Are you looking to create unique Easter decorations? This wall hanging is ready to be the next piece of decor in your home. This pattern works up to be about 23" x 23”. You can also use the finished Peeps bunny project as a lap blanket.
This pattern includes written row-by-row instructions and graphs for single-color bunnies and multi-colored bunnies. So, no matter how you want to follow along, there is an option for you.
5. CROCHET PATTERN** -PEEPS PILLOW
This Peeps pattern is not only for Easter, but you can also use this pillow as an accent piece all year round.
The intermediate level crochet pattern uses the intarsia crochet technique. If you are unsure how to do this, the pattern comes with links to guide you on YouTube. The completed Peeps pillow cover measures 12” x 16”.
6. PATTERN PEEPS, THE BUNNY
Are you a knitter? Then this Peeps pattern is for you. These cute bunnies are perfect for Easter or spring décor. They also fit nicely tucked in an Easter Basket.
This Easter knitting pattern is for an advanced beginner. The completed plush bunnies will measure about 5.5” x 2.5”.
7. SPRINGTIME CANDY MUG RUG QUILT PATTERN PDF
Is quilting your specialty? Then check out this springtime Peeps Bunny and Peeps Chick quilt mug rug pattern. This is an easy quilting project that is ideal for beginners.
This PDF Mug Rug Quilt Pattern features easy felt applique with 3 embroidery stitches,
ditch quilting, and outline quilting. Only the border is pieced. The mug rug sewing pattern can be completed by hand or with a sewing machine.
8. CHILLIN' WITH MY PEEPS PDF CROSS STITCH PATTERN NEEDLECRAFT - INSTANT DOWNLOAD - MODERN CHART
Here is another fun cross stitch pattern. This one features Peeps chicks. This is a very simple pattern that can be completed by a beginner.
9. EASTER SWEET TREAT PATTERN BUNDLE, CHOCOLATE BUNNY, PEEP MARSHMALLOW BUNNY, PDF INSTANT DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE, AMIGURUMI BUNNY PLUSH
This crochet pattern includes both a Peeps bunny and a chocolate bunny.
The chocolate bunny pattern is rated intermediate. The marshmallow Peeps bunny is rated beginner/easy.
10. PEEPY BUNNY EARRING PATTERN
Show off your love of the Peeps bunny with these Peeps bunny earrings. This is a brick stitch pattern with many increases and decreases. It is an intermediate level pattern.
11. MARSHMALLOW EASTER BUNNY KNIT PATTERN
Here is another Peeps knitting pattern that creates a large bunny rabbit plushie. It is suitable for an advanced beginner that understands basic increases and decreases. The completed bunny measures approximately 18” tall x 9.5” wide.
12. CROCHET EASTER PEEPS PDF, CROCHET BUNNY PATTERN,EASTER PATTERN, AMIGURUMI PEEPS PATTERN, PATRON PARA CONEJITO DE PASCUA,EASTER BUNNY PATTERN
Amigurumi patterns are a lot of fun to make. If you are looking for a Peeps amigurumi crochet pattern, look no further. This one is adorable.
This is a very quick, simple, and easy crochet Easter pattern. Once you make one, you will want to make more. The finished size, using worsted yarn, will be approximately 5 1/2” by 3”.
Geeky McGeekerson Free Felt Patterns
Find more of my free felt patterns here: